3 STORY SOFTWARE
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY NOTICE
Created: December 2019
Last Updated: February 2020
Prior versions of these Disclosures are available by emailing email@example.com.
Scope of Disclosures
These CA Disclosures describe how we collect, use, disclose, and otherwise process personal information of individual residents of the State of California, either online or offline, within the scope of the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA).
Personal Information Disclosures
When we use the term “personal information” in these CA Disclosures, we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
For the purposes of these Disclosures, personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified, aggregated or anonymized information that is maintained in a form that is not capable of being associated with or linked to you.
- Information excluded from the CCPA's scope, such as:
- Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- Information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
- Information relating to internal employees of 3SS, which is not governed by this Disclosure.
Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in these CA Disclosures.
Collection, Disclosure, and Sale of Personal Information
In the last 12 months, we have collected, disclosed for a business purpose and sold the following categories of personal information:
Category of Personal Information
Disclosed for Business Purpose
Sold / Sales *
Identifiers, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, and other identifiers
California Customer Records (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))
Protected Classification Characteristics, if provided
Non-Public Education Information (20 U.S.C. § 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)
Other Personal Information, such as photographs, if provided
* Note that we have indicated “Sold / Sales” solely due to our use of third-party advertising technology in relation to our online services. For more information, please see The Right to Opt Out of Personal Information Sales below.
Sources of Personal Information
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, we collect personal information when you enter it into the 3SS platform as a Worker for one of our clients, as the Worker’s client manager or supervisor, or as a supplier providing Workers to our client, when you communicate with us, complete a survey, or RSVP to an event.
- Indirectly from you. For example, we collect personal information by observing your actions on our website, and by collecting information automatically from your browser or device.
We also obtain information about you from third party sources, for example:
- Third parties you direct to share information with us, including for example, your references.
- Our business partners, for example, background check providers, subcontractors, or clients.
- Networking events
- Our affiliated companies
- Third party data and marketing partners from whom we buy, lease or otherwise obtain lists for marketing purposes
- Social media companies
- Publicly available data sources
- A client for whom you are a Worker
- Worker(s), if you are a client
Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
We collect, use, sell or disclose personal information about you for one or more of the purposes:
- To run/provide the 3SS platform;
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you apply for a position posted on our website, we will use the information you provided to evaluate potential opportunities fitting your employment goals and skillset;
- To communicate with you, including via email, text message, push notification and/or telephone calls;
- To operate, maintain, and provide to you about our services;
- To market to you, including through email, phone or text message;
- To personalize your experience and to deliver custom content and service offerings relevant to your interests, including through targeted advertising;
- To recognize you and remember your information when you return to our website;
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our websites, services, technology assets and business;
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our services;
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations;
- To help us establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
- To evaluate, negotiate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about consumers is among the assets transferred or is otherwise relevant to the evaluation, negotiation or conduct of the transaction;
- Processing transactions related to recruitment and employment of Workers;
- Undertaking client satisfaction surveys;
- To obtain support and services from you if you are a supplier.
Recipients of Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose or sell your personal information to third parties, subject to your right to opt out of those sales (see The Right to Opt-Out of Personal Information Sales below).
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers: We engage a number of third-party service providers that perform business or operational services for us or on our behalf, such as infrastructure provisioning, IT services, email delivery services and other similar services. We may disclose personal information to these providers subject to contractual terms restricting the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information for any other commercial purpose;
- Third parties at your request. We share your personal information with third parties with your consent or at your direction, or when needed to fulfil your request (for example, to our client if you are a Worker);
- Our affiliate companies. We may share your personal information with other companies owned or controlled by 3SS, and other companies under common ownership as 3SS, which also includes our subsidiaries (i.e., any organization we own or control) or our ultimate holding company (i.e., any organization that owns or controls us) and any subsidiaries it owns; and/or
- Marketing Partners. From time to time, we may share personal information with third parties that assist with our marketing and advertising efforts, which could include sending you promotional emails or displaying online advertising.
For a list of the categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for a business purpose or that we have sold to third parties during the previous 12 months, please refer to the chart above.
Your California Privacy Rights
As a California resident, you may be able to exercise the following rights in relation to the Personal Information about you that we have collected (subject to certain limitations at law):
The Right to Know
You have the right to request the following information relating to your personal information we have collected and disclosed in the last 12 months, upon verification of your identity:
The Right to Request Deletion
You have the right to request the deletion or erasure of personal information we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions.
The Right to Opt Out of Data Sales
The right to direct us not to sell personal information we have collected about you to third parties.
The Right to Non-Discrimination
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for exercising your California consumer rights.
However, please note that if the exercise of these rights limits our ability to process personal information (such as in the case of a deletion request), we may no longer be able to provide you the Service or services or engage with you in the same manner.
“Shine the Light”
California residents that have an established business relationship with us have rights to know how their information is disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes under California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civ. Code § 1798.83).
How to Exercise Your California Consumer Rights
To Exercise Your Right to Know or Right to Request Deletion
To exercise your Right to Know or Right to Request Deletion, please submit a request by:
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “California Rights Request,”
- Filling out our California Resident Rights Request Form and submitting it online or via email to email@example.com, or
- Calling 866.396.3641
We will need to verify your identity before processing most requests, which may require us to obtain additional personal information from you. We will only use personal information provided in connection with a Consumer Rights Request to review and comply with the request.
In certain circumstances, we may decline a request to exercise the rights described above. If we are unable to comply with all or a portion of your request, we will explain the reasons for declining to comply with the request.
Response Timing and Format. We will endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of receipt. If we are unable to process your request in such time, we will inform you of the delay in writing.
To Exercise Your Right to Opt Out of Personal Information Sales
To exercise the Right to Opt Out of Personal Information Sales, you may submit a request by clicking the button below:
You do not need to create an account with us to exercise your Right to Opt Out of Personal Information Sales. However, we may ask you to provide additional personal information so that we can properly identify you in our dataset to track compliance with your opt-out request. We will only use personal information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request. If you chose not to provide this information, we may only be able to process your request to the extent we are able to identify you in our data systems.
Once you make an opt-out request, you may change your mind and opt back in to personal information sales at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Right to Opt In for Minors Under Age 16. We do not sell the personal information of consumers we know to be less than 16 years of age, unless we receive affirmative authorization (the "Right to Opt In") from either the minor who is between 13 and 16 years of age, or the parent or guardian of a minor less than 13 years of age. Please contact us at email@example.com to inform us if you, or your minor child, are under the age of 16.
“Shine the Light” disclosures. At the time of this writing, we do not provide your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, as described in California’s "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section §1798.83). To opt-out of having your personal information disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the future, please click the Do Not Sell My Personal Information link above and provide your contact information to be added to our suppression list.
Updates to These Disclosures
We will update these CA Disclosures from time to time. When we make changes to these Disclosures, we will change the "Last Updated" date at the beginning of these Disclosures. All changes shall be effective from the date of publication unless otherwise provided in the notification.
If you have any questions or requests in connection with this Notice or other privacy-related matters, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, inquiries may be addressed to:
Service Delivery Director
3 Story Software
4350 West Cypress Street, Suite 1000
Tampa, FL 33607